Overview: These are "pick-up games", which are designed to encourage skill development, recreational wheelchair basketball play opportunities and community awareness on a monthly basis. The program is designed for individuals with physical disabilities/mobility impairments along with individuals without disabilities that want to encourage inclusive opportunities. All participants must meet the following requirements:
Minimum Requirements for the Safety of Participants:
1. Must have the cognitive ability to follow directions and instructions.
2. Must be able to stop the wheelchair quickly and appropriately maneuver chair safely during participation.
3. Must not have medical issues which could endanger the participant, including seizures.
4. Minimum age for all participants in 15.
5. Participants, or guardians for participants under the age of 18, must sign liability release forms from SPARC, A Chapter of DSUSA.
6. The weight limit of SPARC's chairs is 250 lbs; the maximum weight is based upon chair specifications. Someone over that weight may bring their own chair to participate in.
7. Participants must follow all NWBA rules and regulations in order to facilitate safe and fair play.
8. Must have basic ball control skills (or the ability to develop skills) including: throwing, catching, and passing.
CONTACT: To sign up, please email SPARC at email@example.com.